Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gearing up

Yesterday, I went and bought a couple of pairs of new shoes for the upcoming race and training. Since the race is a 50-milers, I wanted to make sure my shoes were still in good shape. I bought them early enough to allow me to slowly break them in. I'd like to have 50 miles on both pairs prior to the race. My current pair of shoe pairs, one pair of road and one pair of trail shoes have been really good to me. I have not had any significant pains (other than the typical soreness) since I bought them back in October. They are both approaching the 300 mile mark. I'm going to try and squeeze another hundred or so miles from them both I completely retire them.

FWIW, I bought the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 and the ASR 5 trail shoe. The trail shoe is pretty light; pretty much the same as the road shoe with a bit of stiffness added here and there.

No comments: